the small print
Skjalbrei Terms and Conditions of Hire
The following terms and conditions of hire are considered to have been read and accepted when making a booking. Use this link to print off a copy:
- Bookings are made for whole week hires, on a Saturday to Saturday basis.
- Subject to availability of dates, and at our discretion, we may accept bookings for long weekends or short breaks, prices for these and acceptance of such bookings will be advised on application.
- In order to ensure the comfort of all our guests. The hirer acknowledges and accepts that there is a strict no smoking policy at Skjalbrei.
- As Skjalbrei is situated around agricultural land, and to ensure the comfort of our guests, pets cannot be accommodated.
- The hirer shall be responsible for any damages or breakages to the property, furnishings etc. All damages must be reported and paid for prior to departure. In the event of any breakages occurring, please let us know as soon as possible in order that they may be replaced.
- Skjalbrei is cleaned thoroughly between each holiday let. However, as only a limited period of time is available to clean properties, it is a condition of your let that you leave the property and its contents as you find it, and any used bedding and towels should be left in the bathroom.
- The hirer shall ensure that the standard of cleanliness of the premises is as high on their departure as on their arrival.
To allow us to make sure the property is in perfect condition prior to your visit, we request that you check in after 2pm on the day your let commences.
On the day of departure, please vacate the accommodation by 10.00am.
A 10% deposit is required to secure your booking. Confirmation of the booking will be sent once your payment has cleared.
If the booking is made within 4 weeks of the commencement of your stay, payment in full is required at the time of booking. Payment can be made by cheque, BACS or IBAN transfer. Cheques should be made payable to M E Williamson. Please advise when booking if you wish to pay by BACS or IBAN and bank details will be sent to you for this.
Your booking must be paid in full 4 weeks prior to the commencement of your stay. If payment is not received within the 4 weeks (unless otherwise arranged) then the lessor may treat the booking as cancelled.
Please note that in the event of a cancellation we will endeavor to re-let the property and if successful, we will make a refund. Therefore, it is essential that cancellations are notified to us immediately by phone followed by an immediate written or emailed confirmation. For this reason we highly recommend that you take out travel insurance.
- The Lessor, his agents or employees, accept no responsibility for loss, injury or damage to any member of the Hirer's party or their property, arising in any manner out of the let of the premises.
- Whilst we really want you to feel at home and enjoy your stay, we respectfully request that no unreasonable amount of noise or disturbance is caused by the hirer or any member of the hiring party.
- The Hirer warrants that the subjects let are to be used for the purposes of a Holiday. Accordingly, Section 12(2) and Paragraphs of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 applies to the letting to the Hirer.
- We reserve the right of entry to the properties at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out repairs or maintenance.